1. It's been so long since I used my big camera & uploaded to my laptop that I forgot how. Like I literally...forgot. I don't even know what to say.
Except this is exactly why for the first couple of years of blogging I was downright militant, MILITANT, I say, in my getting her done every single day. My kids mocked me but WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?? No one, that's who.
2. My girls hooked me up with Taylor Swift's new CD for Christmas.
I know what you're thinking and I couldn't agree with you more.
When am I going to start acting my age?
Well I'll tell ya. I don't know.
However, I am starting to feel a bit concerned. As I was zipping down the highway earlier today, chowing down on McDonald's french fries and a large Dr. Pepper while simultaneously car-dancing*/
3. Boo Flu!! It's been raging through my family (and apparently the world at large) for weeks now & frankly I'm over all the hand-sanitizing & chicken noodle casserole-making.
On top of that, my brother & his hooligans drove up from Tennessee for our annual Christmas gathering/sleepover shenanigans, and our entire North Carolina contingent missed the festivities.
It's all fun & games until I receive neither a brotherly hug nor my dirty Santa gift.
(Not to mention Mom's Basket-O-Goodies!) (Waaaah!!)
4. In a delightful turn of events, however, I discovered a FIVE-DAY-LONG Marathon of all things Monk. He's no brotherly hug or cup of Christmas coffee, but spending time with him makes the loss a little more palatable.
5. My grandchildren have grown approximately 3 feet since I last blogged. This is both a travesty and a blessing as they're all wonderfully healthy (excepting the aforementioned flu) and happy. I suppose it's possible I could be biased, but I feel certain they're the funniest, smartest, most beautiful children ever to be.**
They look a bit peaked in these pics but that's only because did I mention the flu??
6. Y'all. So here's the truth and I'm not even kidding - I've really missed you! Life has been rushing by like a freight train this year & spare time has been at a premium. Sigh. But I'm really hoping to carve out some space & regain my momentum over the coming weeks. So...that being said, see you soon!
Happy Last Sunday of 2014!
*It's my specialty. It's a thing! Honest!
**Well, since their mamas, anyway ;)