Sunday, January 10, 2016
Sunday Six: How Ya Been?
1. So much has happened since our last visit! For starters, I rediscovered Raisin Bran this week, and since said rediscovery I have eaten Raisin Bran at least once (twice on Thursday but who's counting?) for the last 5 days in a row. I guess some people might find that strange or even unwise, but once I remembered the delight that is pouring cereal in a bowl and calling it an actual meal there has been no going back.
2. In other news, I cut my hair and don't hate it. However, I will not be posting a picture of my full hair glory here anytime soon because I'm the boss of me and also the only picture I have where you can kinda tell what it looks like is a, and I'm just going to say it, selfie. Let it be known that I am no fan of the selfie and pledge anew right here & now to keep them to a minimum here at ABinc.
(This should not be much of a problem as it has been exactly 1 year and 8 days
since I was last here at, you know, ABinc.)
3. Confession time. I have fallen into the deep, dark hole that is Investigation Discovery. I am not proud of this but do have a question for you. Does the narrator on Snapped make anyone else entirely uncomfortable and a lot more than a little annoyed? I don't want to be mean, but her diction seems all off and I'm pretty sure I could read the script way better. (Call me, ID; I could use the $$!)
On the plus side, I think her actual voice has finally given me the strength to break free of my growing fascination with "true crime." (I make no promises!) It's hard to say goodbye.
(Three words: Southern Fried Homicide.) (HA!)
What? This isn't a selfie. But it is my littles and me on Christmas. We were making silly faces because duh, so fun. We had a sleepover on Christmas Eve Eve! It was wonderful! It was loud! I was so very tired!
5. In honor of the New Year and all it's shiny promise I have restarted my sourdough starter, which is bubbling on the counter as we speak. It was touch-and-go a couple of times this week, which, after spending entirely too much time on the worldwideweb doing alleged research, I blame on keeping my house a bit chilly now that I have crossed over to the other side, chronologically speaking.
(I had a birthday in the fall!) (It was a big one!)
Anyhoo, when I fed said starter this morning it started bubbling and making that lovely sizzly sound that indicates hope for my family's carbs-laden future. I'll be kneading out some dough on this very day and is it weird that I'm all nervous? I suppose if it fails to rise all will be lost and my shiny new year reduced to just another Sunday in January but let's get real, there's not a thing wrong with a Sunday in January :)
6. In the interest of full disclosure, I leave you with this fun fact that hopefully will make you feel better about your life in all the ways: My Christmas tree, it is still up. You're welcome.
Happy New Year!