Sunday, September 22, 2013
sunday six: stuff that happened this weekend
So here's the thing. Things have been on the hectic side around these parts recently.
(How many times have I said that in the last couple of years?)
(Eleventy-hundred, would be my guess.)
(Saying it a lot doesn't make it less true.)
Anyhoo, here's some stuff that happened...
1. I spent a chunk of Friday with Audrey, Owen, & Peyton, and by chunk I mean a lot of hours. There might have been some bickering and snuggling and Mickey Mouse, sprinkled with some snacks and sugary beverages. Peyton was completely cooperative with his nap routine because, well, he's Peyton...and several hours later Owen announced he was "ti-werd," tossed a pillow on the floor, grabbed his GWEEN bwankie, and fell fast asleep right in the middle of Doc McStuffins. He was so yummy all sprawled out in the middle of the crazy I could barely leave him alone except for I'm not completely insane.
2. Also on Friday, Jeremy was in a car accident on his way to work. We're so thankful he has only seemingly minor-ish injuries and no other drivers were involved. The car was totaled and he's really sore & banged up, but it could have been so much worse!
3. It rained so hard and was so foggy on Saturday that it looked snowy from my window. It was creepy and crazy and cozy. I might have taken a tiny little nap right after my turkey sandwich & tomato soup. Also, in stark contrast to the crazy that was Friday, it was virtually silent :)
4. I rediscovered Toaster Strudel. I fully understand this might be in the category of stupid stuff, or perhaps even nonstuff, to most, but I say it's BIG FUN. Frankly, I found them so delightful I'm contemplating buying the littles some black cherry Kool-Aid just because I can.
5. Today was in no way silent. Not a little quiet. Not even a tad peaceful. There was no wall-staring, no strudel-eating, and no House Hunters-watching.
6. Audrey got stung by a bee this afternoon. (SEE NUMBER FIVE.)
She cried. She cried a lot.
Norah also cried because of course. Norah also cried a lot.
Owen did not want to miss out on all the tragic fun so he also cried, and a lot, because he's a team player.
It was very loud.
Sooo...any stuff happen in your 'hoods this weekend??