So here's the thing. Falling asleep at 4ish in the morning apparently leaves me a bit...emotional. Today I find myself doing things like you-tubing sweet little videos about daddies & Facebook postings by the siblings, which naturally(?) leads me to old Twila Paris videos and an ill-advised stroll down memory lane...leaving me somewhat verklempt. I should get more sleep. And eschew chips & salsa at 2:30 in the morn.
As if that weren't enough, it seemed only right to keep All the Feelings going by catching up on a little bloggy reading, rendering me a weepy mess.
(Work should be a blast tonight!)
Anyhoo, in light of all the very many feelings, I thought I'd lighten things up a bit
and share some of the happy.
|Well. There's this, of course|
1. Yesterday I ran some errands and met up for an impromptu lunch with Katie & Audrey. I was particularly delighted out of my mind while driving with the windows wide open and the sky all blue and the radio loud. Life, just the way I like it.
2. I had a few minutes to kill so I wandered through Bath & Body Works. I haven't been there since a quick trip the week before Christmas (!) and let's just say this was better. I sniffed at least 42 candles and looked at a fair amount of random. And! Not one overtly perky, subtly intrusive, sweet little thing asked me what I needed, and by the time I inhaled the honeysuckle candle for the fourth time I was longing, LONGING I tell you, for spring. I would not be exaggerating one bit to say that store was spring in a jar.
3. Noodle was beside herself with happy during our little excursion. She was all girly, skipping along and giggly, and just thrilled to be with us. She kept clasping my hand on her right & her mama's on the left, and swinging them together. She was so happy! just to be with us. If that's not swoony I don't know what is.
4. I scored a bag of M&Ms on the 50% off-aisle at Target. I went with the peanut butter variety this time.
I know it's a stretch, but it seemed right.
5. Today I read this. Oh y'all...
Right now someone is (very loudly) working on a neighbor's car outside my window and people are shouting over the racing motor and I might have heard a bad word, and the feelings I'm current feeling are of a whole different variety. See how that works? Life. What a blast :)
Y'all have a great Wednesday!