Wednesday, January 15, 2014

when all else fails make some chili


Here's the thing, I work in 24 minutes, so we'll have to make this quick.  Hmmm... 

I know!  How about a recipe?


I made this chicken chili a while ago and it knocked my socks off.
Seriously, I was downright prideful of the results.  I love it when a new recipe gives a big payoff! 

This isn't a "white chicken chili" with a creamy base, but a more traditional, tomato-based chili
with shredded chicken, and at the risk of being redundant, all I can say about it is YUM.

I did tinker with the ingredients just a little bit.  I upped the spices some to taste (it seemed a little bland at first),  added some cooking wine to the veggies (maybe 1/4 cup...maybe a little more?  who remembers?), and I think this was the best part - I added a couple of cups of pinto beans that I had cooked previously, complete with the bean-y broth.  It added a richness that made me several different kinds of happy.

Oh yeah!  Be sure to cut the veggies chunky.  Trust me, is all I'm sayin.'


Gotta scoot - Happy Wednesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment