Thursday, November 18, 2010

How I've missed our little talks

So oh my goodness gracious it has been a while since we've chatted!  I've missed going on and on about absolutely nothing important with ya, and I have some terribly uninteresting and perhaps irrelevant things to talk about.  Remember people, I live alone and have words! and a lot of 'em.  Now let's see... where do I start?

First off, thanks to all of you who were so kind to me after this post on Monday.  Your kind words made me feel better & I'm so thankful for you all :)

Well of course you know we finally have a new baby, and he is perfect, PERFECT, I tell ya.  He's chunky, and snuggle-y, and smiley, and warm - and he smells like a new baby, and he makes those sweet little irresistible baby sounds that new babies make.  I'm telling ya he is a full bundle of wonderfulness and I'm not even kidding. 

Audrey's pretty terrific, too.  She is so funny I can hardly even stand it.  How can such a tiny little person be so laugh-out-loud funny?  I have no idea but I'm glad, cause seriously, how much fun would a boring toddler be?  I would hate to have to pretend to find her amusing - that could get pretty tedious over the next 20 or 80 years.  You can't fake a sense of humor, folks.

(Wow.  it just occurred to me that in 80 years I will be like 125.  I could be wrong but I'm thinking I probably won't be doing too much pretending by then.)

My point is that Audrey is a funny kid who makes me laugh, and I enjoy every minute I spend with her.  Thank goodness!

So I've been wondering about this since my use of the word "elucidate" last week.  (Please give me a shout out if you know the answer.  I've learned more than one or six things since beginning this adventure on the worldwideweb & don't want to stop now!)  So here's my question.  Do I "elucidate the list," or do I "elucidate on the list?"  I just can't be sure and it's bugging me.  I tried to google it but could find no clear answer.  I like the word but I'm embarrassed and chagrined to think I used it incorrectly.  and I suspect I did.  use it incorrectly, I mean.

In other news, I am pleased and relieved and happy to report that I did not, in fact, gain 10 pounds while at my daughter's.  I might have gained a pound or so if I were counting, but I'm not gonna lie, there was some joyous woo-hoo-ing going on in my house when I finally, with great fear and trepidation, stepped on the scale upon returning home. 

Although this leads me to more questions.  How can I eat like a maniac for days on end with virtually no weight gain and yet lose no poundage when eating NONE of that yummy terribleness at all?  Life is weird sometimes.  just sayin.

On that note...is it strange to eat sloppy joes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner just because it's there and therefore requires no effort whatsoever?  Don't judge me.  I'm single and on a tight budget.

And you might be wondering about my Christmas shopping progress... You may be pleased to know that I have purchased two more items.  Unless you know me well you will not recognize the enormity of this information.  Many times I have waited to do any shopping whatsoever until the week of Christmas, usually around the 23rd.  (Just so you know, there are usually wildly wonderful sales going on around about then...but you will have a difficult time finding good jammies.)  you're welcome.

One last thing...

Hey Darlene!!  I am SO taking you to TGIFridays when you get to Roanoke.  We will have the sizzling chicken with cheese! with garlic mashed potatoes! and then a big ole serving of the vanilla bean cheesecake just because it is the yummiest dessert ever to be served at a chain restaurant that is not The Cheesecake Factory.  EVER, I'm saying.

Happy Thursday!
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment