Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Just Keepin it Real

So it's confession time, folks.

For starters, in the last 52 hours I have consumed an entire serving of vanilla bean cheesecake from TGIFridays, one Krispy Kreme glazed donut, a Snickers bar, two fun-sized candy bars (100,000-Grand and Butterfinger to be specific), five Pepsi's, three Dr. Peppers, two pumpkin muffins, a Chick Fil-A combo breakfast complete with minis and potato rounds, an oatmeal raisin cookie from The Great American Cookie Company, a couple of Oreos, and some Chef Boyardee ravioli, but who's counting.  I may or may not have also had a couple of strawberry Pop Tarts for dinner around 11 p.m. last night, but I can't rightly say for sure.  This is quite a feat for someone who's favorite snack is homemade granola.

I fear I have lost my mind.  I am so glad I stuck with that un-sweet tea before beginning the insanity or I might be in trouble.

On top of this disturbing information, for some inexplicable reason I feel you should know that I am completely and totally and utterly hooked on Green Acres.  I can't even explain it exactly, but this show brings me such pleasure and joy and delight.  I have been known to laugh - and laugh - out loud all by myself.  I love-love shows that poke fun at themselves so we don't have to.  I always thought Newhart  was kind've like that.  Remember Larry, Darryl, and Darryl? :)  I don't know why I am always decades behind the cool, but I suspect it may have something to do with all the catching up I have to do.  I mean, why become enamored with, say, No Ordinary Family during its first season when I can decide I love it 40 years from now?

It's kinda tricky being as cool as I am, kids, but it works for me.

How weird is it that I'm kinda sorta missing my dog.  You know, the dog that drove me crazy and at times made me dream sweet dreams of doggycide?  Yep. that dog.  Please, for the love of all that is reasonable and rational and sensible, explain to me why this would be.  Checkers has been in a better place for lo these last four-ish years, and my floors have been clean-ish. 

I need to visit the old homeplace and take a look at the carpets.  I'm thinking that would clear up this nostalgia in a New-York minute.  (I'm pretty sure that's a bonafide saying; if it isn't please don't tell me as I do not want to know.  Thank you kindly.)

This might not keep you up nights, but it is a problem for me...I have had You Picked a Fine Time to Leave Me, Lucille playing in my head since way back on Tuesday!

Help me?

Finally, on a happier note, I feel it is safe to assume that I shall have a grandson in my arms before I keep it real air my stark-raving craziness again, and I will be one happy, albeit somewhat nutty grandmother. 

And life will be even sweeter than all the goodness I have ingested these last couple of days.

Happy Tuesday!
Renee

1 comment:

Darlene said...

You make me smile and laugh. Promise me on thing, will you treat me to a vanilla bean cheesecake dessert when I get back to Roanoke? Thank you in advance. Even if you didn't, I still want to treat me to TGI Fridays and will drag you along just so I could hang out with you. Hahahaha!

Post a Comment