Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Things that make me sad when I'm being silly and ridiculous and superficial

1.  My favorite Shell station switched from Pepsi products to Coke.  Coke.  Seriously?  I have no words.

2.  The mere realization that all the other things I will list below have to do with me being old merits giving that realization it's own numbered status.  Just sayin.

3.  While cleaning my house to the Footloose soundtrack the other day (yes, my musical taste is diverse and sophisticated) it suddenly occurred to me that the hip & happening songs I enjoyed as a youngster just yesterday would now be classified as "golden oldies."  I'm not sure there ever was a soundtrack better than Footloose for some good ole car dancin.  (Don't judge.  You know you've done a little car dancin from time to time.)  And has there ever been a song more tragic than Kenny's You Picked a Fine Time to Leave Me, Lucille?  I always wanted to weep with that poor farmer with the four hungry children.  I won't play it here, however, because after review with old-lady eyes I realize they're hanging out in a bar and that is just plain wrong.  

I digress. as usual.  My  point was How can this be?  Does this mean I am an oldie?  And what makes an oldie golden, anyway?  Can I be golden?

4.  I appear to have the metabolism of a 72-year-old woman.  No offense to 72-year-olds everywhere.

5.  And finally, my nephew, my sweetie, my Shayne, is driving a car.  A CAR.

If I thought he would forgive me, and I could sing, and I knew the words, I would break into a rousing rendition of Sunrise, Sunset right here, but seriously people?  that song was a golden oldie back when I was hip and happening. 

Happy, happy Tuesday!
Renee

P.S.  DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!

2 comments:

RockinRobinsWhiteHouseLetters said...

love ya - but Shell rocked it by choosing Coke! just saying.

Darlene said...

You make me smile from 10,000 miles away. I love you for being you. Don't worry. I'm golden too. You're probably just a few months oldER than I am. I was a teenager when Footloose was out.

Post a Comment