Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I wanted twelve

1.  It is ridiculous how many swirling, whirling, somewhat serious things I have on my mind right now that I would love to share.  It's Easter week and I have so much on my heart, but for whatever reason I can't get my thoughts on paper in a coherent manner.  I also have the oft-mentioned half-written renderings saved but can't seem to finish them either.  Mostly I can't stop thinking about how much I love Jesus, and His Father (now my Father!) who shared Him with me. 

2.  Did that last sentence make sense?  I think even my structure is a little off this week.

And not in a good way.

3.  My writing may be way off this week, but my heart is right on target.

4.  That being said, you might probably won't find it interesting to hear that I have consumed nearly a gallon-and-a-half of apple juice in the last few days.  Always proof that I'm feeling poorly. 

I do love me some apple juice when feeling poorly.

5.  Kristin and her sweet family have been on my mind a lot over the last few days, so I've been praying for them more often.  They're traveling all the way across the country.  That's pretty far. 

6.  I'm  heading back to see the babies again this weekend, and Kari & Drew (and a friend or two!) are going to come down right after church for lunch.  I still can't decide what we should eat.  My daughters and their families are a delight pain in the what-to-serve-for-dinner category.  If everybody likes it, Kari is allergic.  If Kari likes it, it's boring...because she's allergic to practically everything.  If the girls like it Drew won't. 

7.  What about Jermy?  He'll eat it.  Jermy likes everything!

(Name that commercial!)

8.  I just looked up the commercial.  I had the whole thing exactly and completely wrong and backward.  Sometimes I even amaze myself.  Love that Mickey, though.



9.  Tuesday was Elijah's birthday.  I didn't forget.  I didn't forget.  I just forgot to mention it publicly in my brilliant, clever, good-try-of-a-post yesterday.  I love you Elijah.  You are crazy-fun and funny and smart and SPECIAL.  You also just happen to be SIX years old now.  Happy happy birthday week, sweet boy :)

10.  I might have overused the whole strikethrough option today as I have chosen it more times in this post than any other day ever in the history of my whole life.  It seems pithy and full of whimsy to me, but it's possible, likely that I'm overreaching, desperately even, to find a bit of the pith and whimsy.

11.  I just looked it up.  Pithy means brief, forceful, and meaningful, amongst other things.  I know the world is off it's axis at least a little when my use of vocabulary is askew and awry.  I'm thinking I'd best cut my losses and say good night, Gracie.

(Name that show!)

Good night, Gracie.
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment