Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mama's got a new 'do

So yesterday was full to the brim of the busy.  Not necessarily fascinating, but busy.

First off, I slept pretty late and missed both a text message and phone call from my girl inviting me to the mall to watch Kylie and Mason ride the Easter Train.  (Sidenote:  I do not understand the Easter Train.  Do you take the train to reach the Easter Bunny?  Is it the E.B.'s primary mode of transportation and he simply chooses to share the joy with all the little children?  Is it the mall's dastardly plot to separate a mom from her money?  I just wanna know.

Anyhoo, by the time I pulled myself together and got out the door I was too late to get in much bonding, but I did arrive in time to be on the receiving end of a couple of hugs and enjoy the sheer adorableness of a certain one-year-old asking Naynay for "more coins peeeese?"  We also saw Kari's pastor's wife and managed to chat with some family. 

After that I went NUTS and marched into Regis and requested a haircut.  I asked her to cut it all off and make me beautiful.

After she stopped laughing at my impossible dreams she suggested we merely trim/give shape to the hair I have and keep the length.  Well, okay.  I was psyched to be dramatic, but whatever.  I like it.  For now anyway.  I'm sure I'll be complaining about the side-swept, longish bangs in a matter of days but I felt quite bouncy and refreshed as I waltzed out of the shop.

Which was quite the accomplishment, because next on my list of things to get done?  A neti pot.  That's right folks, I'm so fed up with all the being pitiful that I followed my doctor's suggestion and purchased a neti pot.  I have to tell ya, though, I'm more than a little freaked out at the concept of dumping even more fluid into my nasal passages.

I'm just sayin.

(I'll keep you posted on how it goes and let you know if I find it worth the $14.99 purchase.)

I then paid my water bill, went through the Chick Fil-A drive-thru, engaged in a quick chat with the boss, missed a call from Tana, and ultimately began my day-ish job.


After all the thrill and joy and fun of yesterday I can't imagine how today can measure up, so I'm heading in a slightly different direction.  I think I'll take a nap and then go hug my sister.


Happy Thursday!
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment