Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Blessed

From the time I was a small child
I knew what I wanted my life to look like. 
It would be a simple life.  
I've never cared too much about...stuff. 
Peace of mind and lots of family to love,
that would not only be enough for me,
it was everything! 

Others might want to be a doctor, or a lawyer,
maybe a ballerina...or perhaps even a lion tamer,
but my only career goal was to be someone's mama...
preferably lots of "someones." 

In some ways my life looks nothing like my childhood dreams,
and I'm not gonna lie,
my heart has broken at times when my expectations were not met.

But that's okay because I have never, ever been alone. 
Brokenhearted or giddy from joy, my Father is with me!  
He is holding me, comforting me, teaching me...
He is directing my steps,
giving me so much more than I deserve.

I am continually awestruck to see how perfectly and completely
God has answered my prayers & made my dreams come true. 
My life might not be quite as simple as I had requested,
but it is filled with love and joy,
and yep...beautiful, precious family!

I am abundantly blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment