Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I may be bigger - but he's faster!

This is going to be short because I'm tired. and busy. and I have to go to preschool :)

...so over the last few days I've been hanging out with a certain four-year-old nephew of mine.  His parents ran away and have said that they will be back tomorrow sometime, but they've already hit Atlantic City, Philly, Ocean City, and the Big Apple, so I'll believe it when I see it.  (And on an unrelated-but-related note, I'd better see an I love New York t-shirt in my future.  Just sayin.)  Anyhoo, we've had some great fun! 

His parents have reported that he can be a "handful."  WhateverHe has been adorable and well-behaved for me, so I suspect they've been making things up so people will feel sorry for them. 

I kid.

- - not about the being adorable and well-behaved part.  My buddy has been, like my mama used to say, "as good as gold," and I'm so proud of him.  He is funny, & creative, & enthusiastic about everything!  It is always such a blessing to spend time with a little one - and this little one makes my heart happy.   We have had pancakes at IHOP, planted mums, and watched countless episodes of Rugrats & Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  He had four hot dogs for dinner one night and declared me a good cook. 

It has been a good visit so far.



But the energy, OH THE ENERGY of this little one!  I had forgotten how a four-year-old can quite literally - and I'm not exaggerating even a little bit - bounce off the walls

- - and the fatigue, OH THE FATIGUE.  What can I say?  I'm pooped. and a little bit shocked and yes, embarrassed, to admit that I can barely keep up with one tiny little person. 

I realized on my way to preschool this morning, after doing all the odds and ends that getting a small child out the door in the morning entails, that it has been nearly 20 YEARS(!!) since I last lived with a four-year-old. 

I'm not sure but I think I may have changed a bit in the interim.

Happy Tuesday!
renee

No comments:

Post a Comment