Monday, December 17, 2012

beautiful words I didn't write



Donna left a few minutes ago, and I'm oh-so-glad she was here with me this weekend.  Sometimes when the sad is so big you don't want to be by yourself, even if you're me and often revel in Alone.


I thought maybe I'd catch up with you a bit, but my heart is still in Connecticut with those 20 mamas, and I guess it's just too soon for me to go on and on about Pepsi and cookies and the joyous drivel that often fills my days.


I did, however, want to share with you a few lovely reads I've found over the last couple of days. They might fill your heart up just a little bit, as they surely have mine.  
Each and every one of them is full of beautiful, glorious Hope.  (Thank you, Jesus!)
 
 
Lisa-Jo's When Parents Have Nightmares

Jamie lives in Newtown and shares here:  Newtown as I Know It

...and oh my! how Ann Voskamp brings it all home in  The Truth About Sandy Hook- Where is God When Bad Things Happen



Finally, as someone who loves so many of you sweet girls personally, might I gently suggest you join me in stepping away from the neverending onslaught of (miserable) media and embrace some quiet time praying for those 20 mamas today?



I love you and I'm not even kidding,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment