Monday, December 3, 2012

msm: on the road again





So it seems I've been doing a lot of this over the last two weeks.  I've lost count of how many trips to Target I've made and that's not the best worst of it, as there have been many other various & assorted trips to delightful shopping destinations such as The Walmart.

Fortunately, all the schlepping isn't aggravating me very much yet.  The above is my birds-eye view as I drive home & it's so daggone pretty I can't seem to work up a good case of cranky.  This would be just about 45 seconds from my apartment.  Not too shabby, huh!

(Also not too shabby?  I took this picture with my snazzy new phone.  Crazy!!) 


Today was so beautiful and warm and blue-skyish that I was compelled, COMPELLED I say, to get out and about.  So I drove to Applebee's and ordered myself a cheese quesadilla & Dr. Pepper, and sat there all by my lonesome, and enjoyed every minute of it.  I almost changed my mind as I pulled the key out of the ignition and remembered I was sans make-up with unstraightened hair, but I pressed forward, and in the span of the first 15 seconds the couldn't-have-been-more-than-20-years-old hostess called me "Sweetheart," "Love," AND "Honey."  She didn't even seem to notice that I was a bit of a hot mess and for that I tipped the waitress well.  And then I proceeded to the Target.  (sigh.)

I still haven't hung anything else on the wall, and the sink is leaking like a, well, faucet, but my Christmas tree lights are all shimmery and I love the way they reflect in the window.  


All in all I'd say today turned out pretty great and for that I'm full of thanks.


Sooo...enough of me, what in the world have y'all been up to? 




p.s.  I'm joining in with Flower Patch Farmgirl for Money Shot Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment