Monday, June 10, 2013

an allegedly riveting account of mostly nothing at all


My children have been mocking my woeful bloggy performance these last few many weeks, so I'm trying valiantly to get back my groove back, despite the never-ceasing distractions.  Unfortunately, this could mean occasionally grasping at creative-content straws...which leads us to what will likely be the most boring blog post in the history of boring blog posts, so consider yourself warned.

(Now would be time to make a run for it if you want.)


(Seriously...not kidding.)


(Well okay then.  I warned you.)



Today I woke up tired and back-achy and cranky and stressed.


The end.


(Just kidding!)


No really.  I did wake up tired and back-achy and cranky and stressed, but I certainly can't leave well enough alone.  That's just crazy talk.  

I have been a little worn out recently, & as I analyze the situation (as I'm wont to do) my theory is it's just a delayed reaction to a lot of miscellaneous life that hit in the spring. 


Anyway, I took my tired, back-achy, cranky, and stressed self to Merchants to try to get the car AC fixed.  Now I don't want to exaggerate or anything but I have suffered mightily with nary a complaint for a long couple of summers without  prioritizing the expenditure.  However, our newest baby Naff arrives in a very soonish manner, & we're just fooling ourselves if we don't think I'll be doing a lot of Littles-schlepping, and everybody knows it's all fun & games until it's 900 degrees outside and the Littles start sweating in the backseat. 

Therefore, I reprioritized.  


After three years hours in the waiting room it appears it's fixed!  For now!  (Yaay!)  Apparently there is a leak and no one knows whether it's a slow leak or a big leak and the only way to know is if I start sweating again.  

I'm really looking forward to the mystery of wondering when it will again "run warm," at which time I'm to return to aforementioned car repair place so they can assess how many fountain Pepsi's it will cost me to continue in cool-air comfort.  
It's just like the lottery except not at all.


On my way home I went through the Krispy Kreme drive-thru & embarrassed myself.

And now I'm home, and I'm not kidding at all when I say that's all I did today.


Oh!  And it rained!  Again!


Tomorrow I plan to share how I put on my reindeer jammies at 4:48 in the afternoon and nearly wept with delight and then proceeded to eat broccoli for dinner.  Stay tuned!



XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment