Friday, December 2, 2011

A Couple of Links and a Recap in a Pear Tree



I've been meaning for over a week to mention this link to ya but in usual me-fashion, time keeps sliding away from me.  Of course this is completely understandable with all the TERRIBLY IMPORTANT things of which I speak ;)  Anyway, better late than never is what I'm thinking.


That being said, y'all, Ann Voskamp's Jesse Tree Book is wonderful!  It's a free printable Advent devotional.  I'm reasonably sure it's intended for families with children but I don't care one bit.  I'm marching right through all by my lonesome and loving every minute of it :)  You can print the whole thing out, and she even includes appropriate little printable ornaments for your Jesse tree.  Each day is very short, filled with scripture and very doable applications appropriate for both three-year-olds and old(ish) grandmothers alike.  I'm not a little kid but I'm "decorating" my Jesse tree anyway.  

That Ann.  She's somethin' else. 


I was going to tell you all about my simmering Christmas potpourri but a few days in I'm not quite sure what to say.  I found the idea/recipe on Pinterest and loved it for the first few days, but now I'm on the fence about the result.  The idea is you throw cranberries and a few other odds & ends and sit it on the stove on very low heat and let it fill your house with delight.  She said she just kept refilling with water and used the same original concoction for the whole Christmas season but I'm not sure mine will make it that long.  BUT, I totally think it's a great "recipe" though, even if you only used it for a week or so & then switch it out.  
If ya wanna give it a try I found it here.  


Kari's coming over for a while today so my house will have littles in it and that just feels right.  A house sporting a Christmas tree should have small children running through making the appropriate mess.


So far (two whole days into December) the sounds of the season are not on my nerves.  I have no explanation.  I don't understand but I'm just rolling with it and feeling thankful that I'm not feeling the desire to smack sweet old Bing upside the head.  I even watched the CMT Christmas special last night and found it SIMPLY DELIGHTFUL.  It felt really old school somehow, ya know?  Full of the host flashing really large smiles, and little interviews with various families chatting it up, and all of our Christmas favs.  I must say I was particularly delighted with Faith Hill's Little Drummer Boy.  Personally I think she might have a future in the music industry because that girl can SING.


Oh! One more thing!  My Christmas "party" was lovely last night.  I say "party" because it was a party in the truest sense only if you're not 17 or 22 and do love carbs, because we sat around a table and ate all manner of tasty things I do not have in my own home.  and then the boss paid for it all.  and then I brought home the leftovers.

Well yeah, now that I put it that way.  I'm thinking it was one of the best parties ever!


Okay guys, I'm outta here.   Have a great weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment