Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Laziest Christmas Ever :)




Over the weekend we found ourselves marveling at how un...frenzied things were.  Of course the kids had plenty of visiting and partying to do with various branches of their families, but somehow even that seemed to be spaced out a bit better this year.  I'm sure part of it had something to do with the fact that it was weekend and Kate & Jerm had a bit more time before rushing back home.  But a lot of it was just attitude.  Katie brought all of her gifts still in their Amazon boxes & wrapped while we visited.  We didn't really have any last-minute shopping to do so there was no rushing to Target for...whatever it was that we forgot.  And there wasn't even any colic-y hollering.





Of course for me the lazy was all about the utter lack of baking and what-not.  I made lasagna on Christmas Eve and breakfast a couple of days, but other than that I abstained from my typical kitchen madness.  


I'm ashamed and embarrassed to admit not one cookie was baked...and perhaps even more shocking?  There was not a Christmas cupcake to be found.



That's not to say there wasn't guilt aplenty deep in my heart-of-hearts, but frankly I just didn't have it in me during this plague-y season to deal.  


So I didn't.


And we all had a blast repeatedly declaring it our Laziest Christmas Ever.

In the nicest way possible :)


  












Happy Thursday!


* Pix by Katie because, you know, dead camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment