Monday, December 19, 2011

The (Other) Tree



Do you remember way back a couple of weeks ago when I experienced much angst over the whole real tree versus fake tree dilemma?  






If so, you probably recall that I eventually opted for a live tree.  Which turned out to be not so live and started raining needles about 10 minutes after I strung the approximately 2000 lights all over the blasted thing.  Two days later I couldn't even breathe for all the allergic-reaction-ness going on, and by weekend I hated the sight and smell of both the tree and the needles piling up at the bottom, not to mention all that lovely greenery I had cut up and placed in pitchers all throughout the house.  


 


So after much griping and deliberating and encouragement from Kate I dragged it out of the house, vacuumed like my life depended on it, and set up exactly one-half of the old fake tree.  And for the next 24ish hours my living room looked a bit like this.

 To fully appreciate the joy of the mess might I remind you that I work at home....usually on the couch, right in the middle of the mayhem.  So I just tripped over stepped around said mess and took care of business.  


And naturally I didn't get stressed or cranky at all, nor did I bemoan my bad decision-making or loss of that thirty bucks that I went on and on about ad nauseam.




And a mere three-ish days later my living room looked a bit like this




At the time I was really frustrated and cranky, and frankly a little discouraged about the whole disaster, but now midway through December I'm hearing of friend after friend having dead tree issues, including a couple who have dragged their old fake standbys out of storage.  Misery loves company & all that, ya know.


Anyway, other than the fact that it is in the wrong kind of stand and is leaning precariously to the left,  putting me in a constant state of fear of the whole thing landing in the floor, I have had Christmas tree peace for a good two weeks now.


And that, my friends, is that.



No comments:

Post a Comment