Wednesday, August 22, 2012

on Bible study and bunheads


So I'm embarrassed to admit that I forgot to blog today.  

For reals, I forgot, like,  to blog.


(Apparently the young people of America say "for reals."  Word is it's cool.)

(I"m just trying it on for size.)


(I don't think it fits...)



Anway, I might have forgotten to blog but I had a really good excuse.  I was busy educating America's youth AND finding us new Bible studies.  I don't care who you are or what you're doing, you can never argue with a sincere Bible study pursuit.


And we were successful!  I picked up Kelly Minter's Nehemiah and I can't wait to dig in.  In fact, as soon as I spell check this exercise in blather I'm heading to the porch with my Bible, my Snapple peach tea, and said study.  I"m especially excited because I have always had a particularly special love for Nehemiah...I'm hoping to learn a thing or two from his example of empathy and service and wonderfulness.  


I also picked up The Beginner's Bible for Elijah.  He's pretty excited.  I'm thinking excited is a good start, and good starts are well, good places to start.


Also in completely nonrelated news, I've been enjoying my new DVR.  My enjoyment morphed into UTTER DELIGHT this morning as I watched the first episode of Bunheads.  That crazy-creative-and-probably-really-smart Amy Sheridan-Palladino (Gilmore Girls, anyone?) writes some of the fun-nest dialogue in the history of ever.  Of course I've only watched one-half of one episode.  I'll keep you posted - but Paradise is already starting to fill that Stars Hollow-shaped void I've been coping with for the last few years.  Bunheads.  I'm just saying.


Gotta run - Nehemiah isn't gonna wait all day.  Well, I guess he might, but, you know...



Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment