Friday, August 3, 2012

what? it could happen.


I still have no camera cord.


So I "borrowed" this shot from Kate.  


I think it's yummy.




Actually, I think he's yummy.


In other news, I woke up with a headache so we're moving in a slowish manner this morning, the painter will be here around noon to begin his own special contribution to the chaos, and the DVR doesn't work.

To be fair, I have no immediate DVR-ing plans, but still.  A girl likes to be prepared.


* * *


So is anyone else watching the Olympics?


(How'd ya like that utter lack of segue?  Did you see what I did with the little stars?)


I'm far from a fan of TV sports, but I so heart the Summer Olympics.  


Is it wrong that I just want to scoop up the Fab Five & bring 'em home with me and feed them soup?  In other words, I love 'em.


(Side note:  Earliest Olympic memories 2004?  2004??  I asked Shayne and he agreed that 2004 is about as far back as he goes.  Sigh)


Anyway, last night was fun!  and that Gabby is sheer delight!  She is a fascinating blend of fierce and sweetie-pie.  I wish I could do that.  I should practice getting my fierce-face on.


I'm enjoying it all, but those little gymnasts are my favorite.  They're so tiny.  And so strong.  And so shockingly talented.  When they're doing their thing I mostly sit at the edge of my seat with my mouth hanging open while making awkward motions with my hands.  I like to help where I can.

And they're so inspiring!  They allegedly make me want to get up off the couch and stretch, but I fight through and determine old episodes of Make it or Break it with a glass of iced tea is the more realistic option.  



Right now I've begun cultivating my secret dreams for this boy.





Maybe he'll swim like Mikey Phelps in a couple of years.   He could already place in running in cool swimmies :)




No comments:

Post a Comment