Wednesday, August 15, 2012

sometimes a good hard look at the to-dos is what is required


Oh y'all.




I'm so far behind in my regular life it feels like I'm back in front.


Like seriously.


Maybe if I list all the ways I'm woefully behind it'll help me focus in the coming days.


Maybe.


Maybe not.


We'll see.



Ways in Which Renee is Woefully Behind


1.  Ye Olde Blog.


I spent like a-year-and-a-half blogging faithfully a minimum of five days a week.  Sometimes more.  I was completely militant in my commitment to never miss, and I loved it.


After beginning my quest to educate America's youth I was still very, very faithful, but I ever-so-slightly relaxed about the when's.


However, this summer, and most especially since this move, I can't find my groove.  It'll happen no doubt about it.  If we've learned anything in these last months together it's that I have no shortage of words.  Just time & energy.  

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I have NO IDEA how you mommies manage to blog on top of your jobs and kids and church and what-have-you.  


As per my usual I choose to attribute it to youth.  As we all know, everything's super easy when you're young.


So what am I gonna do about it?  I'll continue in my bloggy loosey-goosey attitude for another couple of days and then?  Well then I get back to my routine.  Next week, Lord-willing-and-the-creek-don't-rise, I'll return to my regularly-scheduled offering of heart sprinkled with drivel.

Or drivel sprinkled with a little heart.


Whatever.
 


2.  My space in the new house.  


In brief, I have shelves hung on the walls with nothing on them, several boxes that still need to be gone through, a rugless floor, things that need to be returned to Target, things that need to purchased...and a LOUSY Internet connection that is making me nuts every day when I try to do my job.  

In other words, I have many, many, many decisions to make.

Decisions.  I hate 'em.


So what am I gonna do about it?  By the end of the week the modest goal is to have things in their place.  And hopefully the Internet figured out but that's probably optimistic, so let's just say I'll have tried yet another something different in my neverending quest to a solid connection.  Baby steps is what I'm saying.



3.  My tired sad little lack of daily quiet time/focused Bible study.


And therein lies most of my problem no doubt about it.  I'm feeling hungry and anxious to dive into a specific study.  I'm definitely one of those people who's quiet time goes much better and more productively - and satisfying - when I have focus.  I'm not gonna lie, I miss my quality time alone with Jesus so much that I'm feeling all twitchy.


Of course this is ridiculous because He hasn't gone anywhere.  

(I'm a goober.)


So what am I gonna do about it?  I can't decide exactly which study I want to do next, but by the first of the week I'm going to quit vacillating and make a doggone decision.  Right now I'm torn between Kelly Minter's Nehemiah and Beth Moore's James study.  If I decided right this very second I'd go with Nehemiah first.  Which means I'll probably do Nehemiah and then James.

I'd love your thoughts as I'm obviously decision-impaired right now.
 


4.  All the other stuff I'm too tired to talk about now that I've actually thought about the first three.  


There's no sense overwhelming you too.  I want you to still like me when I've located both my footing and my mind.


The homeschooling details and unanswered emails and half-finished projects and encroaching feeling of I'm-never-going-to-get-myself-together will just have to wait for another day.



So what am I gonna do about all the rest?  Pray.  And then maybe I'll pray a little more.



A girl's only human, after all.





No comments:

Post a Comment