Wednesday, October 17, 2012

a beauty-full day




So I woke up this morning feeling the need to get out for a bit, so I put on my big girl pants and the new shoes Kari picked out for me for my birthday and ventured forth to the Target, where I returned something I bought for myself last week.  I do that a lot, returning things I buy for myself a few days after I buy them.

I don't know.  Don't ask.


Anyway, after wandering around my home-away-from-home for a half hour or so, I then drove to the Walmart to return the Hello Kitty watch I bought for Audrey last week but changed my mind when I liked the one at Target better.   

That almost never happens, just so ya know.


(Aren't you oh-so-glad you stopped by?)

 
After taking care of an errand or three I proceeded to stop at Sheetz and use their automated thingamabob and pump up the ole' tires.  Again.


By the way, do you know what the standard calibration would be for my little car tires?  Me neither.  That's why I was scared to death driving down 581..I kept thinking they might explode and then what would I do?


(The air machine seemed to default to about 32 so I kind've went with that, but not quite, because of all the being scared of exploding tires.)

It did seem like it might be a bad thing that my front left tire was at about 15 when I started.  (Is it just me or is that a tad on the low side?)

(Sigh.)



After risking life and limb by zipping down 581 and not exploding I finally landed at my ultimate destination, and I'm happy to report I'm now sitting outside at Panera.  I have a fountain-Pepsi-on-ice by my side and my free birthday pastry tucked in my bag for later.  
(I know, my first foray into kinda/sorta dieting is lackluster at best.  I'm trying.  Sort've.)


I thought I'd sit outside and soak up some rays, create some literary brilliance, and breathe deep.  Of course as is my lot in life, my right-now doesn't even resemble my optimistic thinking.  I'm shivering in the shade and they are doing some kind of yard work or construction nearby which is OH SO LOUD and making me twitchy.  

I'm not cranky, though, because it's so very beautiful here today.  Every single thing seems picture-worthy, and I want to catch it all and tuck it in my pocket for the cold, long days of misery that is winter.  I actually might or might not have pulled over to the side of the road on my way here just to take a couple of pictures of some yummy trees...and it took everything in me not to stop on 581 and catch some shots of my beloved mountains.  

(Oh how I love home in autumn!)


Of course my intent was to blog something deep and meaningful today since it's been a sweet forever but then I remembered that deep & meaningful isn't so much my specialty.


Drivel.  That would be more my style.


...and that being the case, I'd say my work here is done :)




 
Happy Wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment