Wednesday, January 23, 2013

random weighing heavy





So I'm not even going to comment on my lackadaisical blogging performance lately.  Let's blame it on the NyQuil, shall we?  And since I'm not sure how long it'll be before I face an overwhelming need to nap, let's go straight to the list...


1.  Y'all I haven't been on the treadmill in, like a week.  Now I know the two of you who care find this hard to believe but yeah, a week.  I really don't want to go overboard in the excuse department, but for a motivation-free kind of gal it's really really hard to care when all woozy on the aforementioned nighttime, sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, fever, so-you-can-rest medicine. 

Why not opt for the always-popular DayQuil during the day, you might ask?

Because it would require a kempt me to schlep to the nearest pharmacy and really, who wants to get kempt when you can just sleep your days away unkempt?


2.  My hair is a mess.  There, I said it.  I desperately need a cut or a trim or perhaps just a good whacking.  My bangs have grown to that hideous stage that we all know and loathe, and they're now seriously affecting my self-esteem, but I don't know where to go!  It's both a dilemma and a quandary. 

Kate says there are "Cost Cutters" everywhere but I have my standards.  If I'm going to go a discount-type hair place - which I have been known to do - I need to select one a bit more carefully than Hey! There's one over there!" 

Sigh. 

I wouldn't care so much except we have Peyton's big huge birthday shindig this weekend and Mayberry will be filled straight up with witnesses to my sad, sad hair and accompanying sick-girl face.  (Y'all know the face...winter pale with encircled eyes?  STUNNING!)

Girls, let this be a lesson to you.  Even when you are at the advanced age of more than 40 you just might suffer from I-don't-have-a-thing-to-wear-itis, so you'd best come to terms with it now while you still have the metabolism of your youth.

Whatever.  I'll likely be far to busy slinging queso, washing dishes, and picking up and sitting down and picking up and sitting down small children to even care.


3.  I'm going to Texas next week!  On a jet plane!  I'm more than a little excited and I might as well say it, a bit nervous.  I haven't flown in a very long time, and I'm going to have to act like a grownup for hours and hours, and a kempt one at that.

Here's my question.  I want to take a real, live work of fiction with me.  Any suggestions? 

Which reminds me, I need to find my local library.  How have I not done this yet?


4.  My apartment smells like my neighbor and I'm not a fan.  I'm remembering this might be why I've never longed for apartment living.  I'm a smell snob and want any smells I detect to be my own.  It's kinda like how our own dusty furniture isn't nearly as gross as other people's dusty furniture.  I want to only smell my stuff. 

My girls don't notice it but that only helps a little because I DO.  Do you think an air purifier would help?  Would it be tacky to stick an air purifier on my kitchen counter (where I smell my neighbor)?    Note:  Candle burning is only moderately helpful.  They mask but do not eliminate said (mildly smoky) odor.  Ick!


5.  I can't find the little rubber topper thing that goes on the bolt in the toilet at the floor.  You know the one...the one babies everywhere instinctively find and then carry around in order to completely horrify their grandmothers.  GROSS!  YUCK!  GROSS!!  I know it's somewhere, but that's hardly helpful, now is it?


6.  Katie & Jeremy have their ultrasound on Monday and I'll know whether to call this sweet baby George or Georgie...or maybe they will decide on something even more fabulous to call him/her.  Only time will tell, I suppose.


7.  I've lived here for TWO MONTHS and I've only been to Chili's once.  No bueno.




No comments:

Post a Comment