Friday, December 10, 2010

More music, but not a Santa in sight

Can you even believe that it's Friday again??  Crazy, huh.

What might be crazier is the fact that I ruminate on the passing of time nearly every. single. week.  I really need to get a grip.

I have had a not-really-very-busy week full of mostly nothing much...and yet I feel kind've tired, and full, and satisfied :) 

So I made an interesting discovery this last week.  I do not, in fact, hate Christmas music.  What I hate is seasonal music.  When I'm listening to my new-favorite-thing-in-the-world on the Pandora I find myself really-really liking songs that are actually about Jesus, the birthday boy, the Christ Child :)

How 'bout that and who knew?  I feel so foolish and silly.  For someone who thinks she has it somewhat together I am continually amazed at the simple truths that I find myself confounded over.  How God must just smile and shake His head at me sometimes...

I'm so sad for all the joy I have missed over the last decade or so wading through my own fatigue, and grief...and self-centeredness when I could have been rejoicing over the everything that I had all along.

(Hope my family agrees when it's time to open the gifts that I still haven't purchased!  hehe.)

On another note, I actually got out of the house a couple of times this week.  As you might recall, I haven't been feeling very well since you-know-when, and I'm still kind've droopy and lazy.  But I cast all my inertia aside last Saturday and hit the road.

And you couldn't even believe what a fun day I had!  Guess what I did?  Never mind.  I'll just tell ya. 

I went a-visiting!

Who ever does that anymore?  Not me for sure.  It was completely impromptu, but I ended up going from hug to hug all day long without the first invitation.  I hear that was done somewhat often back in the olden days on the prairie.  I think maybe they were on to something.  It was one of the most enjoyable days I've had in a while, complete with falling snow, and I never saw the inside of a store or heard the first lame chestnuts-roasting song :)  I did, however, have some lovely Kenny G playing on my car stereo as I journeyed around.  You should try it sometime.  Just show up somewhere you think people like you and let the hugs begin!  Good times, folks.



And then Monday...I put on eyeliner and went to a Christmas party!  And it was fun!  And I got some more hugs!  And a new Christmas tree ornament!  And leftovers for lunch the next day! 

I can't stop with the exclamation points!  But in all serious, people, more good times were had, and they were had by me!

...so all in all it's been a pretty great week except for missing my Audrey and Owen.  It's going to be a long couple of weeks until I get to squeeze those sweet babies again.  I'm pretty sure Owen may forget me by then.  Does anyone know how long a three-week-old can retain memories?  Wait.  Don't tell me - I don't want to know.

Oh!  One more thing! - - regarding my right lower extremity - My ankle/foot is down to approximately six shades of various colors and now it only hurts a little bit when I put my sock on.  I can walk around for a few minutes before the limping starts.  I consider this further encouragement that I will, in fact, soon be able to again walk laps while my mother mocks me.

Finally, today's musical selection is a personal favorite.  I hope you enjoy it half as much as I do :)




Happy Friday!
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment