Monday, December 20, 2010

A Wealthy Woman Indeed

 
Are you feeling pressured this week?  A little stressed out?  Dare I say it...perhaps a bit depressed?  I know from experience that all of this manufactured and culturally mandated happy-happy, joy-joy can wear a tired heart out and leave it feeling like a failure for not being able to keep up. 

Well, I know the cure for such foolishness! 

It's all about the focus, friends. 

I promise it's true.  I don't know a lot, but I do know this to be true.  Focusing on the myriad of beautiful things in my life, things that came from the Giver of all Good Things, who just happens to be celebrating a birthday this week, puts all of life back into focus...and suddenly I am a very wealthy woman, who wants for nothing! 

...and I am then flooded with some bonafide happy-happy, joy-JOY!


holy experience
 
 a few more of the blessings upon blessings for which I am thankful...
 
my Christmas tree covered with a just a few of Jesus' names
 
 
taking communion with my loved ones
 
the precious certainty that God has the health of my beloved ones in His hands...
no need for fear, never a need for fear
 
singing praises to Jesus surrounded by people who love Him as much as I do
 
an afternoon in the kitchen with my sister
 
the wintertime view from my front door
 
  
an unexpected call from my sweet Shayne suggesting time together...always YES!!
 
a particularly successful experiment in the kitchen
 
singing Christmas carols by candlelight
 
ridiculously silly, inexplicably priceless family heirlooms
 
 
watching my now-son "in action" at church...so proud, so thankful
 
the beautiful gift of sons that God has given me through my daughters' husbands
 
my little nephew's declaration that tonight's party will be the best. party. EVER!
  
yummy Christmas candles burning in the evening, and the perfect glow they cast
 
 

So how has God blessed you this week? 

I would so  love to hear from you...how better to celebrate Jesus than to give Him praise and thanksgiving during this, His birthday week?

Happy Monday!
Renee
 
(A Thousand Gifts #173-186)
 

2 comments:

R. Molder said...

I really love the idea of putting the names of Jesus on the tree. I'm going to do this. I've been trying to find a way to reconcile having a tree and what does it have to do with Jesus, thanks for sharing this.

RockinRobinsWhiteHouseLetters said...

I so enjoyed spending the afternoon in the kitchen with you, and for that I am so thankful. And knowing how much my sons love Aunt Nae is just extra. Love you Much, Sis.

Post a Comment