Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Seven-hundred words of sheer random

Well.  Yesterday was a productive and less aggravating kind of day.  I got a little work done, which is always helpful in the whole keeping a roof over my head department.  I tidied my house, including a little floor-vacuuming and furniture polishing, had some leftover chili for dinner, watched a little TV, and called it a day.

The end.

Just kidding.  Haha.  You didn't think you would get off that easy, did ya?

I'm not sure where this is going but I know I have a few words, so here goes nothin'!

I wanted to mention your movie suggestions from this post.  It seems that most everyone is with me in the It's a Wonderful Life lovin' - which I find vastly encouraging when contemplating the state of our young people in this great country of ours.  Lauren likes The Holiday, which I actually have and really enjoyed.  I forgot all about that one.  The girls gave it to me for Christmas and I'm thinking I should pull it back out this week sometime.  Robin is a fan of Christmas with the Kranks, which is great silly fun, but I must admit I thought their whole skipping the whole shebang plan was actually pretty sound.  Just my opinion.  I definitely need to see if I can catch that one on Netflix sometime in the next week or two.  And finally, Lauren S. is a big fan of Elf.  My kids love, love, love Elf.   As a matter of fact, that was our Christmas-In-July-Eve movie choice this year.  I'm thinking we'll likely catch that one while all together at Christmas time.  Thanks girls for your suggestions.  You have enriched my movie watching potential mightily through  your kind help.  :)

So I tried out the HuluPlus free trial this week, and I've gotta say...not really a fan.  I can't even believe that you have to pay and still get those confounded commercials.  If I want to watch commercials I'll just watch regular TV and save my $7.99 a month.  It's also aggravating in several other ways so I'm thinking they have a lot of work to do before they can really compete with Netflix.  The only thing they have going for them is some of the current seasons are available for view, but they're usually available on regular Hulu too - which is free.  So just in case you were wondering, I consider the current version of HuluPlus a big fail, and will be ditching my free trial tonight before I actually give them any of my money.

I don't know if I've mentioned this but I don't have cable other than the first few channels (mainly ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox & TBS.)  Since Netflix came along and I discovered free DVDs at the library I can honestly say I haven't missed it once. 

Good grief, that's a lie.  I actually did wish for the Food Network when The Pioneer Woman was on Throwdown with Bobby Flay.  Now that was some riveting television viewing that I hated to have to wait to see...especially when the live twitter party started during the premiere.  What?  Does that make me weird?

Amazingly enough I did wait...and survived to whine about it.

Kari & Drew had a pipe burst and flood their house a bit today and I'm feeling kind've a whole lot guilty for not racing over there to help.  Kari said they had it all under control and I really wanted to do some cleanup around here...and it was frigid outside...but I feel very much like a loser mom.  I need to figure out how to make it up to her tomorrow when it's a little warmer.  hehe.  Just kidding...I think.

On a business note, I'm afraid all these videos I've been putting on each day with Christmas music might be bogging down my little bloggy world here.  Let me know if you have any problems since I sometimes make up problems where none exist.  It's one of those things that seemed like a good idea, but now I'm not so sure...

Oh! one more thing that I just think is fun.  I bought Audrey a little somethin-somethin for her stocking that is just giving me all kinds of weird joy that I don't understand...little training pants!  hehe.  I can't even believe she's such a big girl, but beyond that I guess they just remind me of my littles again.  I got the old school ones just like the ones my babies ran around the house in, except of course they are pink and have flowers on them.  I am a grandmother, after all, and have my standards.

Well, if you stayed with me all the way through this mess-of-a-chat I hope you enjoy the song I've included below.  If you ditched me earlier...can't say as I blame ya!

Happy Wednesday!
Renee


No comments:

Post a Comment