Friday, March 18, 2011

Five Minute Friday: On Waiting...



It's Friday again Y'all!  Can you even believe it?  It is downright shocking how quickly time is flying but I'm just going to say it.  I am as glad as I can be that spring is in the air and it is no longer approximately 200 degrees below freezing.

(That had nothing to do with anything.  I'd appreciate it if you would just pretend it was relevant and we can move on, okay?)

So on Fridays Lisa-Jo picks a random topic, and I then sit down and write on that topic for five veryfast minutes.  and then I stop and go to bed because as usual it's way past midnight-thirty around here.  You can click her handy-dandy button above and put in your own two-cents' five minute's-worth if you'd like.  The whole project is a little HAPPY on a weekday, and seriously who couldn't use a little happy in their week?


{Start}

A short attention span can be a complication for someone who is having to wait for something she wants.  That someone would be me.  And yep, I do lean toward impatient when it comes to something I long for.  And I am longing with all my heart for something right now. 

I keep asking and asking God to just go ahead already and make it happen.  I know He's in charge and He loves me and He only wants wonderful for me...so what's the holdup?

Frankly I'm not hearing so much in the way of an answer. 

Fortunately, though, I know Him pretty well by now, and I do feel secure in His love for me and the certainty that He has a plan.  I know I can trust Him with my heart and its myriad hurts, and needs, and yes...even wants. 

So I'm thinking a little waiting...a little anticipation, makes untying that pretty bow on top of the gift of His answer all the more delicious :)

{Stop}


Have a great weekend, Y'all!
Renee


2 comments:

Denise said...

Leaning toward impatient...yeah, I get that all to well!

Melissa_Rae said...

In so many ways waiting does make it better...I just seem to forget that when I'm in the midst of the waiting. :) Great thoughts!

Post a Comment