Friday, June 1, 2012

five minute friday: see



Looking around me on this wet, gloomy day I see...


the last remnants of my favorite  cinnamon candle flickering atop the old apple crates that I use as a side table,

the basket on the floor attempting to keep my work paraphernalia in one place

last night's McDonald's remnants (oh the shame!),

a stack of second-grade curriculum options,

that shiny-new, flat-screen-y gift that makes me smile every time I notice,

pictures of what matters tucked all over,

the ant traps under the window

(sigh)

three pairs of flip flops, one pair of sandals, and two different sets of tennis shoes (my twice-his-age size 7s and his sturdy little boy's),

a brand new copy of Seven: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess, my Bible and the Jesus Calling devotional,

Peyton's bouncy seat, and Audrey's & Owen's books, and assorted first-grade miscellany

baby wipes, and the blanket Tana gave me forever ago that used to wrap around my little girls, and the mini trampoline that sometimes makes me sore, and the same blue box of Leggos that have been in use in my living room for nearly 20 years.


When I look around I see life spilling over everywhere,

and I don't really mind the gloomy gray anymore.



Happy Friday :)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment