Monday, July 16, 2012

suspiciously close to drivel




First things first.  Do y'all ever make fluffy scrambled eggs with just a splash of milk, salt, & pepper, sprinkle a bit of cheddar on top...and then dunk each and every bite in a nice serving of salsa?


You so should.



Anyhoo, where did we leave off?  I do believe I was sleepless in the wake of The Big Sale planned for our front yard.



Junk.  How embarrassing.


Here's a question for you.  Is it possible in any way to maintain your sense of dignity while sitting in a lawn chair surveying your worldly possessions scattered all over your front yard, baking in in the summer sun?  I don't think so, but maybe that's just me.



More Junk.  How embarrassing.


What might be even worse...watching strangers pull up to said lawn, meticulously inspecting said worldly possessions, and then leaving empty-handed, finding not a single item worth their pennies. 


Seriously Susie Stranger?  Not even a Mary Higgins Clark mystery for 50 centsHardback?  It's nothing short of demoralizing to recognize that the things that you cared about a mere 12 hours earlier can't even net you a buck on the open market.


(You might have picked up on the fact that yard sales?  Not so much my thing.)


(I have my pride.)

(Misplaced as it might be.)


All in all, though, I suppose it was worth the time & aggravation & heat, and giggling & people watching, and yes, the Christmas money!!

Teri kept reassuring us that we were having wonderful Fun and Fellowship!  



Hi Robin!  She's not junk.  She's my sister.


Two things about that:
1.  We Baptists can throw a "fellowship" spin on anything and call it SUCCESS.
2.  Poor, poor Teri.  She netted approximately twenty-five dollars for her day of fellowship.  

Hard to believe we're worth it.



Also not junk.


I was so past tired but forced myself to stay awake until 8:00 that night.  I desperately wanted to crawl in the bed at approximately 6:57 but held firm, and amazingly, (what insomnia?) I was sound asleep and also out like a light sometime before 8:30.  

And then!

And then I proceeded to sleep until 8:00 the next morning.  Without interruption.  I don't even know when that last happened but who cares because IT HAPPENED. 

At any rate, Sunday I woke up happy to face the sun at 8:00 and proceeded to have a good day.


....and then I did the unthinkable & after finishing work last night attempted to do it all over again.


And it nearly worked!  I proceeded to get in approximately 7 hours although I might have been, shall we say, a bit on the wakeful side.  But at least I woke up ready for the day 45 minutes before the alarm went off and have already chopped veggies and cleaned fruit and put on my swimsuit.


Because today we swim.  and sweat.  and eat melon.


...and, you know, try to locate my floor and hopefully new owners for the three(!) television sets sitting in the middle of my living room floor, none of which belong to me - not to mention the other assorted cluttery goodness.


Tomorrow I'll share the riveting tale of how I made my summer salad! and brushed my teeth! and loaded the dishwasher!  


Say what you will, but you can always count on me for riveting coverage of what matters none.



Happy Monday ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment