Friday, October 8, 2010

The Best Birthdays

We have always celebrated big when it comes to birthdays in our home.  The girls still joke about Birthday Week, or maybe even birthday month!  There is cake. much cake. multiple cakes.  And lots of love & hugs, and yep - even a couple of presents.  I like my girls a lot and am absurdly grateful that God trusted me with them. 

A birthday is a good thing :)

The birthdays I am most thankful for, though, are our spiritual birthdays.  We have celebrated Katie's & Kari's each year for, well, since they were born again!  It still seems like yesterday when they separately asked the Lord into their lives - Jesus into their hearts :)  Interestingly, they were of similar age when they made the best decision of their lives, but their stories are as individual as they are.  I won't get into the specifics here because it is their story to tell, but I will tell you that there was and still is great rejoicing around these parts - and in Heaven above!

Why am I mentioning this now? 

Well... today is Kari's spiritual birthday! :) 


My spiritual birthday is August 3, Katie's is September 8, and Kari's is October 8.  I love the symmetry of it all :)  I think it is so important to remember dates like this.  If we think our physical birthday is something special, how much more wonderful the day we give our lives to Christ and begin our journey with Him. 

God has been so faithful in protecting and growing my children, and I am forever grateful. 

I love you, girls, and I am so proud of the choices you are making in your lives.  You make my heart smile, and I believe God is smiling too




Happy Friday!
Renee

1 comment:

Darlene said...

You are indeed blessed to have these two sweet girls for daughters. They're not only beautiful on the outside, their faces radiate with God's love. I love them too!

Post a Comment