Thursday, October 14, 2010

That Kari. I love her.

In light of it being Kari's 23rd birthday and all,
I shall list a few reasons why I just love. that. girl!  

She is sunny :)  Kari doesn't often whine or complain about the heat, or the fatigue, or the hunger, or the stress of whatever life is throwing at her.  I'm not saying that she doesn't get hot or tired or hungry...she just doesn't complain about it so much.

She is kind.  Kari has a tender heart.  She usually treats people the way I'm sure she wants to be treated, with patience, & understanding, and love - - and if she finds that she has hurt your feelings her heart will be broken until she can make it right.

She is funny.  She isn't funny in the "hey-have-I-got-a-joke-for-you," trying to be funny, funny.  She is just fun.  She doesn't take herself too seriously.


She is capable.  I have always admired her for the way she can do things, from the way she can serve a volleyball to the cool way she can throw her hair up in pins and look like she tried really hard.  She gets the job done.

She loves the Lord with all her heart.  She greatly desires to honor God with her life, right down to the little choices we make every day.  It was always such a joy as her mom to take her shopping and watch her deliberate on modesty, etc., always wanting to be a good testimony.

She is brave.  I am still in awe that she was so fine with hopping on a plane to Thailand with one other friend for nearly two months, before she was even 18 years old, because she wanted to share the love of Christ with people who didn't know Him.  Her time there wasn't all ice cream and cookie dough, and it wasn't a simple or easy decision, but she didn't hesitate once she determined God wanted her to do it...and she is no less courageous today. 


She is loyal.  If she is your friend she will stick by you.  Period.  People/relationships are not disposable to Kari.  She may disagree with ya - and she will tell you so! - but she will be there for you however she can and treat you with love and compassion.

She is honest.  She has been known on occasion to tell me that yes, that shirt did make me look like an old lady, or the pants do in fact, make my behind look large.  If you do not want to know the truth, don't ask.  Now this can sometimes be a bit disconcerting and/or embarrassing, but it's one of my favorite Kari-things.  Not only does she tell the truth, I'm not sure she is aware of any other option.

She is beautiful.  She is beautiful on the outside, which is obvious, but that's actually pretty irrelevant.  Kari is one of the most beautiful people I have ever known - inside.  My beloved secondborn daughter is a perfect example of pretty is as pretty does.


I love you so much, Kari Beth.  I thank God every day for letting me be your Mom. 

Happy Birthday!

Momm

2 comments:

Darlene said...

This is so sweet, Renee! I love her too! And I am so thankful that I got to celebrate her 18th birthday with her - ice cream and all. :-)

Building Walls said...

Well said. Love this ;)

Post a Comment