Monday, January 17, 2011

Gratitude

Well. 

I've been reminded again this week that there is a whole world of hurt outside my four walls.  In the course of the last week I have heard of a mama who escaped a house fire in the middle of the night with her husband and children, losing everything they owned (four days before Christmas!); a seemingly perfect, less-than-a-week-old, baby girl suddenly in the NICU fighting to breathe; a young single mommy who has been desperately fighting to keep her family together, now facing yet another life-altering challenge; and a healthy, 38-year-old mom fighting for her life after suffering a massive stroke. 

That was just what I became aware of this week.

There are people in pain everywhere we look, and if we aren't actually suffering at the moment...we likely will be sooner than we'd like.

I don't know what my tomorrow will look like but I am comforted to know that the One who loves me most is never surprised by our heartbreaks, and He will walk me through whatever pain, or fear, or loss I am sure to face.

And when I'm in the middle of that storm?  I know from past experience that He will love me, and teach me, and grow me, through each excruciating, bittersweet moment.

And for that I am very, very thankful.



Would you join me in praying for Edie, and Joanne, and Ellyn, and Ann's niece this week, making sure to also thank our Father for so lovingly caring for us? 

And would you also drop me a line below and share how God has blessed your heart this week?  It would surely make my heart smile :)

Renee

(A Thousand Gifts #236)



No comments:

Post a Comment