Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Because Broccoli Does a Body Good


Well peeps, I'm thinking today is a fine day indeed to share another recipe favorite with ya.  

I had this earlier in the summer before we were completely exhausted from all The Hot, and the sweet memory lingered long after that lovely day at the pool.  In fact, I enjoyed it so much I begged Bethany for the recipe so I could take it to the beach with us.  

I am an avid fan of dishes that I can eat for days and days on end, and this dish is perfect because a) it's yummy and holds up well, and b) it makes A TON.


Now I'm just going to confess right now that this might be my laziest post yet, seeing as how sweet Bethany sent me the specifics via Facebook and I went to all the effort of cutting...and then pasting, the following

because I love ya so much.

and because I want you to enjoy all the goodness that broccoli has to offer.

and because this salad is many different kinds of TASTY.


Bethany calls this Oriental Slaw Salad, 
but I have very cleverly proclaimed it Broccoli Salad.

Because I'm clever. 


(not to imply in any way that Bethany is not clever.)


(I'm just sayin.")



Broccoli Salad

1 pkg. fresh broccoli florets
1 pkg. broccoli slaw mix
2 bunches green onions diced
1 C slivered almonds
1 C sunflower seeds
3 pkg. chicken flavored ramen noodles

Layer the first 5 ingredients in a big bowl in the order listed. Do not mix. Break up the uncooked ramen noodles and sprinkle on top of other ingredients.


Mix together the following ingredients in a smaller bowl for the dressing:

1 1/2 C vegetable oil
3/4 C sugar
1/2 C white vinegar
3 seasoning packets from the ramen noodle packages

Pour dressing over noodles and vegetables. Let sit for 20 minutes without stirring. Then mix together.


Word on the street is you can make it early in the day and keep stirring it to marinade well or prepare it closer to serving time (1-2 hrs) so the noodles stay crunchy.  Donna and I liked it as the noodles grew softer, and it really was tasty for pretty much our whole time at the beach. 

I hope y'all have a great day :)


Happy Tuesday!






No comments:

Post a Comment