Thursday, September 22, 2011

Shoo Fly I'm Trying to Eat




I've been saying it since she was tiny, but every time I spend time with Audrey I am reminded yet again that this little girl is FUNNY.  Seriously, she makes me laugh more often than most of the grown-ups I know, and I promise you it isn't just because she's my girl.  

I don't think.

Work with me here...


Today I'm jotting down a couple of things I don't want to forget.  My head is spinning at how fast she is growing and changing, and I can't bear to think of forgetting the sweet stuff :)




Shortly after her arrival the other day we went through the potentially frustrating process of figuring out what in tarnation she was trying to ask me for...and finally understood she was in dire need of a Popsicle.  What threw me off is how she kept looking in the butter cubby in the fridge for this frozen treat.  (sigh)  


Once she was tucked on the chair I pulled out the camera and started snapping indiscriminately.  (I have to take many pictures so that hopefully I can get two printable ones.  In case you didn't know yet, photography is not a talent I current possess.)  Anyway, after the flash went off in her face a few (dozen) times she very casually bats her hand at me and says Shoo fly don't bother me.  

No pauses, no eye contact...just flat out go away.  I looked at her like Did she really just say that to me?  So I asked her.  And she repeated herself.  

No more pictures please.




Her two favorite responses to any question asked of her are "YE-ah!" - said with great enthusiasm - and "No-I-said-no."   The latter is hysterical.  She says it completely monotone and without any type of eye contact or engagement.  And the phrase is presented as one bored, long, word.  I asked her mom about it and she confirmed that she tells Audrey "I said no."  

Often.


It appears Audrey might at times misplace her listening cap.


Either way, her bored response to my riveting questions never. gets. old.


Although I suppose it could once she figures out she sounds like a borderline-rude hooligan, ha :)


(Confession:  I may or may not have hurled random questions at her for an undetermined period of time just to get the aforementioned response.  Not exaggerating... Fun every. single. time.)


 


Unfortunately that's all I can share right now as I'm still in the midst of my the-babies-were-here recuperative period and have to get to work in a bit... I hope y'all are having a nice day!



Happy Thursday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment