Monday, September 17, 2012

because we could all use a little energy on a monday







I can't remember if I told you this already or not, but I took a quick look back and don't see it, so I'm going to tell you now and hope I'm not being repetitive and redundant.


These are pretty great.


Elijah and I dubbed them "Power Balls" because I explained how they contained things that would give us energy and make us strong and what-not, as opposed to you know, processed snacks that I'm mostly SO OVER unless I have a hankering for something like salt & vinegar chips!  or honey barbecue chips!  or sea salt & cracked pepper chips!  or maybe some M&Ms.  Other than that I'm not so much into snacks that are processed to death.


(And remind me to share my tangent sometime about KFC's honey...sauce?  Their honey has minimal, you know, honey in it?  Aaargh!!!)


Where was I?

Oh yeah.  These are pretty great.


They've been floating around Pinterest for quite a while now and I actually tried them last year with Elijah.  He liked them enough to go home and ask his mom to make some.  She of course had no idea what Power Balls were and it seems only right to get the word out.


Power Balls.  They're easy-peasy to make and you don't have to cook anything.


Power Balls.  They're better than they look.




1 cup oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix it all together.  Chill for around 1/2 hour and then roll into balls.  Store in fridge for up to one week.  (Ha!  Like they'd ever last that long ;)


(You can click over to her page for more detailed instructions and to find a myriad of other good recipes.  You wont be sorry.)



Let's make it a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment