Tuesday, September 4, 2012

what I did that time I turned 47

Photo by my Katie


I should be sleeping I know I should.



I'm pretty much undoing all my two-good-nights-in-a-row progress from the last two nights of sleeping like a regular person.



It's just as well.  There's no sense in getting all crazy and well-rested.


It would never last I just know it. 



Photo by my Katie




 

As I might have mentioned a few times recently, yesterday was my birthday.

It was a good one.  



I did a WHOLE LOT of not much and I enjoyed every bit of it.



Kari, Drew, & Peyton met me at IHOP, along with Robin, Rex, and the boys.  I had eggs and potatoes and bacon and pancakes.  




And on top of that, the verynice waiter gave me a blueberry pancake instead of a plain one at no charge because it was my birthday.  He told me not to tell, so please don't tell anyone, okay?  


(p.s. IHOP authorities?  If you're reading this, the verynice waiter was just exhibiting wonderful customer service so please don't be mad at him.  In fact, I'm thinking a raise would be nice.  He worked really hard.  We're a handful.)


Photo by my Katie


After brunch I moseyed over to the mall and found three shirts! (three!) on the clearance rack so I bought them all.  on the cheap.  I might have to start looking snazzy while I work if this keeps up.  It would be wrong to waste perfectly good clearance apparel.  


After that I stopped by Kroger and bought some cantaloupe and watermelon and Pepsi Cola.  

And Cherry Garcia (Did I mention MY BIRTHDAY??)


And then I came home.


And then I dropped the cantaloupe on the floor right after I cut it all up.


(sigh)


I couldn't really tell ya much about the rest of the afternoon other than I wasn't working which was DELIGHTFUL.  

Robin made taco salad for dinner and schlepped to TGIFs for my favorite vanilla bean cheesecake.


And it was very good.


All of it.


Every single thing about the whole entire day.



Makes a girl downright okay with being in her bonafide later-40s. 


Photo by my Kari



Happy Tuesday :)







p.s.  These pictures have nothing to do with my birthday but they don't have to because I think I mentioned about how I'm the birthday girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment