Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ephesians 5:15-16


“Be very careful, then, how you live — not as unwise but as wise,
making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.”


Time goes by so quickly, and I feel like I waste so much of it. 

As I mentioned earlier, I'm trying to refocus in 2011...to be completely intentional in how I am spending this year, my life. 

One of the ways I'm refocusing is to pick up my long-abandoned practice of committing scripture to memory...and it's time for verse number four! 

I'm doing fairly well so far.  My recall is fairly decent, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm still struggling a bit with it.  I will say it seems to be getting a little easier...maybe that memory muscle is loosening up at bit?  I hope so! 

I love Beth's suggestion to keep the verses in a spiral notebook of index cards.  I write the verses on one side and the reference on the other side so I can quiz myself.  That way I can flip through them as I go along, so even though I'm beginning a new one I'm not moving away from the previous verses.

I have to say, so far so good :)

The above is my next selection.  If you wanted to pray for me as I work on this I would surely appreciate it!

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment