Thursday, February 3, 2011

Rebuilding muscle

So I keep meaning to tell you about my Bible verses!  I think I mentioned at some point that I'm trying to wake up my long-neglected memorizing muscles and get some brand-new verses under my proverbial belt this year. 

I'm ashamed to report that the above-mentioned muscles have atrophied to a horrifying degree. 

The plan is to memorize a new verse twice a month, and so far I have succeeded...I think.  But I have been shocked at how hard it has been for me in the cold-recall-department.  Even when I think I have it down I find myself stuck when I try to pull it out of thin air.

I blame it on age.

Come to think of it, I blame much on age.  I'm fine with that.

Anyhoo, I wanted to record my verses each time, but so far haven't, so we'll call this my memory-verse-catch-up-post, shall we?

I like this first one because it kind've ties in with the ole blog.  Possibly it's because I am a lover of symmetry.  or not.  whatever.


You crown the year with your good blessings, and you leave abundance in your wake.
Psalm 65:11

And He was saying to them all, "If anyone wishes to come after me,
let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow me."
Luke 9:23

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer
Psalm 19:14

I've gotta say I'm not sure why I've gotten so lazy about this because I'm loving the whole process.  There is unarguably great value in regularly meditating on the Word.  I don't know what I've been thinking by neglecting it.  Fascinating, isn't it, how God gives such great instructions and I still act like I know better.

Sheesh.

Happy Thursday :)
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment