Thursday, February 24, 2011

A little purple on a Thursday

It's dark and cold and rainy.  and I'm sleepy.  I contemplated a nap but decided I'd much rather ramble on with my pals :)

Hi pals! 

I also decided it might be fun to type this up in a more cheerful-er color in order to convince myself that it is not dark and I am not sleepy.

It is also my opinion that it's rather cold.

So I read a headline on my Yahoo page stating that people who like TV have more struggles with tummy...size.

Seriously?  I can't even count all the strikes against me in the ever being svelte again department.  So I won't. 

But I am considerably bitter to hear that now I can't even like my Netflix.  Jessica Fletcher will definitely miss me if I go.

It seems odd to me that the experts can be so sure that even liking TV will cause me to have a larger middle.  Am I the only one who feels this is highly suppositional and suspect?  I'm choosing to discount it as nonsense of course, but still it bugs me a lot.

I realized as I was stomping around the house grumbling about the aforementioned news bulletin that I haven't seen a bonafide news report in maybe even a couple of weeks?  Is that even possible?  I have no idea what's going on in the world other than the occasional Yahoo news bulletin. 

I fear this will only serve to make me even less fascinating. 

I used to watch Good Morning America, etc. nearly every day when I worked the early shift but now that I often crawl into bed at two in the morning, I sleep in.  and they hardly ever have the Pioneer Woman cooking or a Friday concert series on the six o'clock news

However, I suppose beggars can't be choosers, so to speak, so I guess I will have to lower my entertaining-news standards and act like a grown up.

Therefore, six o'clock news here I come!

I wonder if that will help my liking TV quotient a bit, therefore aiding me in my neverending and not-so-much-succesful attempt at svelteness?  I suppose it couldn't hurt :)

So I'm trying my leave-hair-in-towel-for-a-really-long-time-and-then-finger-fluff experiement again today, except without all the sleeping and THE SUFFERING.  I'll let you know how things turn out.

This is probably a terrible day to suggest it because this is quite likely my lamest post ever, but I've heard from the random friend/acquaintance/stranger who've told me they've visited me here and I had NO IDEA.  This is fun and yet also makes me several kinds of curious.  So I am going to humbly request that you drop me a line in the comments today, only if you want, of course, and let me know who you are.  Thought it might be fun :)

Finally, the below picture is for my mother.  She needs it for her wall, bless her heart.  Mom, you know what to do.



Aren't we just PRECIOUS?  HA

Happy Thursday, Y'all!
Renee

2 comments:

RockinRobinsWhiteHouseLetters said...

so apparently it is my love of TV and not menopause that has caused my middle to grow! who knew. can Weight Watchers help if I still like TV?

Renee said...

Apparently so, sis. It appears this is one of those good news/bad news kind've things - I guess only time will tell if WW can live up to their awesome hype, huh!

Post a Comment