Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Thank You, Waving Hardee's Guy

I like living in a small-ish city for a-whole-bunch-of-years in a row.

I was reminded of that today as I was driving down Peter's Creek and passed the Hardees on the corner.  Lo and behold, there was the sweet Happy Hardee's Guy.  If you live in the area you may be familiar with who I'm talking about.  This fella has been hanging out at this Hardees for YEARS and I'm not even kidding.  I can't remember when he first appeared, but he has been there since my now-grown-up daughters were little. 

and I loved him even then :)

He seems to be a bit mentally challenged in some way, but he is one of the friendliest, most cheerful people I have ever ever seen.  And his work ethic certainly puts mine to shame.  I suspect he isn't geting rich on it but rain or shine, hot or cold this guy stands out on the corner greeting passersby.  Literally, he. just. waves. at everyone.  Sometimes when I would go through the drive-through he would come by the car and greet me personally, but mostly he just stands at the corner. 

I hadn't seen him recently, probably because of the FRIGIDNESS that has been January, but as the sun came out today there he was, waving BOTH HANDS at everyone driving by - in all directions - like his life depended on it.  It made me all smiley inside.  Perhaps the most fun part was seeing all the drivers smiling and waving back.  I'm not sure why Hardee's has let him hang out for years and years, but I'm so glad they have.  I've learned a thing or two from him, and Waving Hardee's Guy has made my neighborhood a little bit more connected, and I think maybe a little nicer to each other.

Again...all smiley inside.

Happy Wednesday!
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment