Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I feel like we haven't talked in forever



I've been schooling E for a couple of months now, and Peyton is two months old, and Kate has been to town several times for all the ensuing fun, and Audrey came for a fun-filled sleepover...and I have yet to find balance.  I'm liking everything that's going on, but I can't seem to figure out how to, well, balance it all.  

For example, I've still been mostly regularly blogging but we haven't talked...like, really talked... in a sweet forever.  


So what've y'all been up to?


Me?  A LOT and also not much, ya know?  


Did I tell you that I'm evidently over Cherry Garcia and have become enamored with Hershey's miniatures straight from the freezer?  Well I am.  

Tip:  It's wise to let them sit at room temperature for a couple of minutes before biting into them.  

(Just trust me on that one.)



I haven't had peach tea in weeks but I can't get enough of Amelia's lemon tea.  Literally y'all.  I blame it on my below-mentioned, allergy-laden misery, but I have been drinking it by the gallon.

The gallon.



Speaking of which, I am so completely allergic to the whole world this spring that I find myself longing for November.

November!!

As an open-window lover I'm heartbroken over my inability to enjoy all the breezy, albeit pseudopoisonous, goodness on the other side of my very closed windows.

Don't tell any doctors you know but on three or five occasions I might have taken my Claritin in both the morning and the evening.  Thaat's right.  Twice a day.  So far I've survived said overdoses without any adverse effects but I do feel like the daredevil I've never been when I do so.


I can't even bear to talk about the devastating effects of what has become TWO winters on my, well, behind, but trust me when I tell you it's devastating.  I might or might not have pulled out my used-four-days-last-fall copy of the 30-Day Shred.


I am woefully behind on my reading but am feeling optimistic.  I have no idea why, or what I think is going to change in the near future, but still, optimistic I am.


Like every homeschooler in the history of ever, Elijah likes schooling at home except for the actual schooling part.  Ten minutes in and he's begging for a break.  Without fail.  It's both charming and delightful.

(Did you see what I did right there?  I used me some sarcasm.)

(The infernal begging is neither delightful nor charming.)

(It is, however, very predictable.)

(Heaven help me he loves a good distraction.)


There's more, y'all, oh-so-much more, like how much I enjoyed watching The Towering Inferno on Netflex the other night, and I'm on a new-recipe-trying kick from Pinterest, and Peyton is the smiley-est baby I've ever known since Audrey Faith, and I had a wonderfully long chat with Tana, and I cut my bangs the other day (yikes!), and I'd love to bore you ad nauseum, but right now I need to reintroduce Elijah's behind to his chair.


Please do, for the love of all things sane, share some riveting minutiae from your day.  



Sharing minutiae.  Edification at its finest.



Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment