Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Salsa!


So my friend came by for a nice little visit and a side of chips & salsa, and turkey wraps, and corn/bean salad.  

And some salsa.



The Pioneer Woman Cooks


Did I mention the salsa?


I made it an hour or so before she arrived so there wasn't much opportunity for the flavors to marry & get all happy, but it was still pretty good.  Good enough that she requested the recipe. 


So I did what any self-respecting blogger with limited time and no plan would do, I told her I'd throw the recipe on said blog.


Kind of a two-birds, one-stone arrangement.


I've been wanting to try Shannan's recipe too, but I didn't have the recipe right in front of me, so next time sounds good, don't ya think?.

(I just peeked at Shannan's and it is quite similar to Ree's and yet different.  I might just have to do a little salsa cook-off.  I'll keep you posted.  Things could get very interesting around here.  And if not interesting, at least they'll be tasty.)


Today I opted for familiar, which is Ree's recipe.  I'm going to post the ingredients below because my pal is only mildly worldwideweb savvy and there's no sense in her having to click on two different links, but you can go here if you want to see her (Ree's, not my friend's) step-by-steps instructions, along with a few quips and the occasional wisecrack.  And pictures.  The pictures are fun, too.


The Pioneer Woman's Restaurant Style Salsa

  • 1 can (28 Ounce) whole tomatoes with juice
  • 2 cans (10 Ounce) Ro*tel (diced tomatoes and green chilies)
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 whole jalapeno, quartered and sliced thin
  • 1/4 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 cup cilantro (I HATE cilantro with much hate, so I use parsley - it works just fine.)
  • 1/2 whole lime juice

Throw it all in the food processor and pulse until appropriately mushed up.

The end.


Except not.  One more thing - It's definitely a bit runny.  It might be better to drain the Rotel?  Beats me, but I keep thinking I should try that.



Have a great night!



No comments:

Post a Comment