Monday, May 23, 2011

Smooth Days and Sweet Dreams





smooth workdays all in a row


birthday celebrations, and seeing friends not seen in a while


counting the days...and savoring the minutes


absolute certainty


rearranged furniture and fresh perspective


warm, sudsy dishwater


popcorn and chocolate-covered raisins with my buddy


encouraging comments, and twitter banter,
and reading the heart stories of new friends 


warm greetings from strangers as I enter the church
and that instant kinship we feel


the scent of warm cinnamon while the cookies bake


the way the curtains flutter with the windows open,
and the quick temperature drop when the storm comes,
and the thunder always on the outside


good news in the middle of a difficult week


that sweet woman's "you could be SISters!"


dreaming sweet dreams while I'm wide awake


meeting kari's friends, putting faces with the names, and talking silly to their baby girl, and knowing I sound goofy and not caring


that yummy feeling when the warm sun is slowly soaking into my bones and I feel warm all the way through, but I'm not quite too warm yet


rejoicing with that sweet little boy with the freckles and the cowlick and the shy handshake as he publicly states that he now knows Jesus...and his little smile when my daughter tells him that I think he's cute


the honeysuckle assaulting my senses, sending me to another time...
and the sprig I snapped free and brought home


brief chats with sweet older neighbors


taking notice of the details


trusting God for the unseen

(A Thousand Gifts #522-553)



Happy Monday!

7 comments:

Deborah said...

Love number 9 on your list. Thanks for sharing.

Kris said...

"good news in the middle of a difficult week"
Yes. these are the blessed gifts, aren't they? Thanks for this beautiful list. What a great many blessings!

Denise J. Hughes said...

I love this image of curtains flutter in the window.

I really like your blog design. Very well done.

This is my first time here. It's nice to "meet" you.

Renee said...

Thanks for the encouraging words today, y'all. It means a lot to me ;)

Renee said...

It's nice to meet you too, D.J. :) I look forward to getting to know you better!

Jackie said...

Oh, I love the warm sun sinking in my bones, too! And the god news in the middle of the week that is hard :) Blessings abound. Well stated.

Renee said...

Thanks Jackie! Thanks for dropping by :)

Post a Comment