Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Little Something in the Way of a Recipe

This, dear peeps, is my favorite summer salad for two-and-a-half summers in a row. 


 I never, ever get tired of it.


Ever.


It is ridiculously easy to throw together and tastes better the longer it sits.  It is cool and refreshing, and shockingly filling.

And it is chock-full of yummy things that are good for me.


Do people still say things like chock-full?




See?

I kinda merged a couple of different recipes and now consider it one of my greatest successes.  It doesn't have a pretty or clever name, so I just call it my Summer bean salad - or sometimes I go crazy and go with Summer corn salad.

Sometimes I'm clever, clever I am.


I don't like to be bossy, but I think you should give it a try :)


Renee's Summer Bean/Corn Salad

Two cups of frozen corn
One can of kidney or black beans
One small bell pepper, diced.
One-half red onion, diced.
One tablespoon of red wine vinegar.
Two tablespoons of peanut oil.
Two tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped.
Salt and pepper to taste.



Throw everything in a bowl and mix well.  It's ok to eat right away but will of course will be even better after all the flavors get married and hang out for a couple of hours.




Yummy.



Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'll be trying it out. I still say "chock-full," it's one of my favorite little sayings! :-) Have a beautiful day!

Renee said...

It is!! I'm so glad you say chock-full. I felt a little...dated for a minute there :) Stay cool in that pool!

p.s. STILL can't leave comment on my own stinkin' blog, HA

Post a Comment