Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Can it be Memory Lane when the memories are only a week old?



Can you even believe it's Tuesday again?  I'm greatly uneasy about all this time flying by.  Especially since I'm not at the beach anymore.  I remember back when I was not as old as I am now, and it seemed time mostly flew by when I was on vacation, or taking a nap.  Now it seems to be indiscriminately rushing right past me in a blur even on a Monday.

I don't really know what that means, nor do I know what it has to do with anything.  Other than Can you even believe it's Tuesday again??


Move it along, Renee.  Move it along.


So yesterday was Robin's birthday and I made her cupcakes.

And that is pretty much the extent of fascinating Monday happenings around these parts.


So since that's all I've got I do believe I'll pull out a few more more vacation pictures.  After all, this is my journal for Posterity, and it is my belief that Posterity will appreciate even lame attempts at photojournalism.




There's Donna being all cooperative when I asked her to wave to the camera from our little home-on-the-sand.  You might also note me being all cooperative by taking the photo from far away.  This is why we are friends.  We listen to each other and respect the other's feelings.

or something like that.

p.s.  We were out & about very early, thus the empty beach.





Watching that grandmother get all messy and sandy and sweaty (it was HOT), digging in the sand with her grandchildren made me all kinds of happy....









And the little cherub to the right reached in and ripped my heart clean out of my chest.

Figuratively speaking of course.

She never knew I existed, and we never formally met, but as I watched her run around and play with her little brother and dad, and check in with her mama every few minutes, I missed my little girls so much it actually hurt.  And there was most definitely something about that little blondie-pie that reminded me more than a lot of my little tow-headed Kari Beth.  I may or may not have shed a tear or six and felt all sorrowful about the aforementioned speedy passage of time.


I then managed to comfort myself by thinking of sweet Audrey and Owen, and of course little Doodlebug who is very busy growing at the moment.   

Speaking of which....Doodle, if you chose to be a little blonde cherub like your  mama  I wouldn't mind one little bit.


Finally, I took this one on the beach the night before Irene landed.  It was a downright weird night.  The light was all funky & it was SO WINDY.  No one was allowed in the water because the rip tides were crazy, and the water was more than a little on the wild side.  But it was still kind've a pretty night...and the skies were beautiful!  

This one is looking out in the general direction of the coming storm.  

It might have been my favorite night of all.




I guess that's all for today.  Thanks for indulging me.  If you play your cards right I might just pull out the home movies sometime soon :)



Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment