Monday, August 22, 2011

Mom's Chicken Salad and Thunder on the Beach




Y'all.

I am now at the beach for the first time in a couple of years.  Those who know me well know of my Great Love for all things sand & surf-y. 


Therefore, I'm happy to inform y'all that I'm quite officially in

My Happy Place.


Geographically speaking, of course.





My buddy, Donna, and I arrived Saturday afternoon, and in the first 24-hour period managed to log in both an 8:30-ish bedtime and a two-hour nap.

There has also been quite a bit of sun and sand.  and reading.

and two trips to the pool.


and also due snacking diligence.



All in all, things are shaping up to be a perfectly pleasant holiday.


...and I'm just SO thankful :)





 
(A Thousand Gifts #679- 694)

mid afternoon naps
literary junk food
thunder on the beach
sticky sea air
mom's chicken salad
hotel wi-fi
friends keeping an eye on things at home
quick visits
new recipes
poolside lounging
bedside views
"george"
gathering storm clouds
summertime fruit
fat raindrops
hot showers






Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment