Friday, August 5, 2011

It's Like It Heard Me!


Y'all.  

Yesterday I gave August his her it's due, and today I am gifted with cool breezes and overcast skies.

I'm telling ya, it is always a good idea to have a good attitude.  You just never know what glories might appear!

I suppose it could be mere coincidence, but I choose to believe that the reality of opening my windows first thing in the morning and breathing in all the 76-degree wonderfulness is a direct result of opening said windows wide last night and working in front of fans and very warm breeze.  With a thankful heart.

Cause and effect?

Let's pretend, shall we?


Either way, it's going to be a good day here at A-B, Inc. because my friends from far away are here and I expect a hug or ten.  And no, I'm not even exaggerating because I assure you if there is one hug from these wacky, zany goofballs there will be ten.  or twelve.  or perhaps thirty.  Hard to say as it depends somewhat on exactly who shows up.


So I just wanted to touch base with you real quick before I'm off to find my eye liner and shoes.

Don't judge.  It's summer and eye liner and shoes are pretty much never appropriate in summer, in my humble opinion.


First off, a big shout-out and thank you and Woo Hoo to Sophie for introducing me to Andrew Peterson.  I have for quite some time now been frustrated because I couldn't find any Pandora Goodness to equal that of the Sixpence None the Richer Christmas edition.  Yes, I know there's plenty of perfectly wonderful music, but I couldn't find that play list that would speak to me, soothe my ruffly feathers, and perhaps quieten All The Hyper that is oftentimes me.

Well.  The Andrew Peterson play list has filled this deep need in me for some play list excellence.  The tone reminds me of my much-loved SPNTR play list.  There are lots of familiar songs (right now I surrender All is playing) but lots of new voices singing the different variations.  Also of note, the variations are not out of left field.  I surrender All is still perfectly recognizable.  

And of course anytime I can belt out Before The Throne of God off-key?  Well.  That's a good day :)  

I'm just sayin.'


Anyway, it's mellow and full of worship with almost a jazzy-flavor at times.  YUMMY is all I'm saying.  Two thumbs up and also Love-Love!  If you liked the Christmas SPNTR I'm thinking you will enjoy this one.

I have to run now because we are celebrating sweet Bethany today, and as I mentioned earlier I am in need of some sprucing up.


I don't know how in the world this happened, because, well, I'M NOT, but my friends?  They all lean toward the girly-girl, like to wear accessories and lipstick and shoes type.


sigh.



Happy Friday!






p.s.  Jeremy Camp singing Give me Jesus?  I may never get away from the Pandora today.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment