Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Suggestion or Four


Yesterday was full of Internet goodness, and I read a couple of delicious posts that I think you will enjoy...


Shannon over at Flower Patch Farmgirl shared some really sweet thoughts about these Dog Days of Summer in Sink into Monday, Slide into August, leading me to reconsider all my whining and complaining about the large quantities of HOT we have been experiencing recently.


In her post Why You Should Be Kind to the Mom on Your Flight Lisa-Jo made me shed a tear or three as she contemplated mamas and the challenges and complexities associated with their job.  Of course the lyrical way she strings her words together speaks to me every single time I visit.  Lisa-Jo hosts our Five-Minute Friday adventures, and I just love her heart.


In a somewhat unrelated and and yet also FULL of the worldwideweb-y goodness, I share with you my love of all things Pinterest.  

The more time I spend with this site the more I find myself GIDDY with inspiration.  

It's rather like browsing through a giant magazine that never ends and has none of those cardboard-y ads stuck in between the pages that drive me up the wall.  

I'm not ashamed to tell you that I now have approximately a lot of recipes and DIY projects "pinned" to my boards that I have not yet tried.  It is also interesting to me that that my wordy "board" is by far my fullest.  

I'm a word nerd.  Can't be helped.

Anyhoo, if you're interested in giving Pinterest a try, drop me a line and leave me your email address.  I'd be happy as could be to send ya an invite.  I'm not even exaggerating when I say it's BIG FUN.


Finally, if you're hot and tired and in the mood for a little movie-viewing, may I humbly suggest either Driving Miss Daisy (1989) or Witness for the Prosecution (1957).  I saw them both on Netflix last weekend and between Morgan Freeman's sweetness and Witness' humor and yummy melodrama I was in cinema heaven.

Two thumbs up is all I'm sayin.


Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment