Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What I did last Saturday



So bright & early-ish Saturday morning Kari & I hit the open road for the day.  Kate & Jeremy had a wedding to attend that evening, so Kari and I volunteered our superb babysitting services.

We had a really nice day together.  There was a copious amount of chatting-things-up while in the car, and yes, I'm not ashamed to admit that I did a large-ish portion of said chatting.  Catching up was needed, and we were UP TO THE CHALLENGE.

Once we got to Kate's the baby-lovin commenced...and it was just as delicious as I remembered from way back two weeks ago.   Owen was snoozing, so we girls headed out to Once Upon a Child to be followed immediately by Chili's.  Kari and I have become somewhat obnoxiously predictable in the whole we-must-go-to-Chili's-every-time-we-come-town department, and I don't care who knows it.  As we pulled into the parking lot Audrey immediately began discussing all the chips(!) and how we would eat a lot of them!

The rest of day consisted mostly of Audrey talking about her "new" baseball glove & practicing her mad skills (seriously y'all, the two-year-old can flat out hit her baseball with her "carrot" with impressive consistency) - and a certain me kissing Owen's chubby cheeks, and knees...and feet.

And then we came home.  without swimming in the above-pictured pool.

Oh!  And it rained!

The end.


(Stay tuned and soon I might just share the riveting tale of how I cleaned out my refrigerator.)



Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment