Friday, August 26, 2011

Living Outside the Cone of Uncertainty





Just a couple of things.

No, seriously.


First off, we have made the not-at-all difficult choice to stay here at the sea until our originally-planned departure time.

which is not today.

There has been all manner of speculation this week regarding the thoroughly-aggravated Irene, but the consensus around here is that we are outside the Cone of Uncertainty.

Which in layman's terms means it's a good time to be in the Carolina that is not North.


Anyhoo, we've been reassured that things should be merely rainy/windy/floody, and it would be far less pleasant to join the misery that is known as beachy evacuation. I've been there, done that, and perhaps even have the t-shirt tucked away somewhere.




I say all of that to reassure my mama that we're fine. 




Mom, we're fine.




This might be a good time to mention that Donna's mom suggested if things get too windy we should hide under the bed.

Don't think I'm too proud to do that very thing if the windows up here on floor 14 get even a little bit too rattle-y.

I'll keep ya posted.


Quite frankly I'm much more frustrated at the moment with the horrible Internet connection we had yesterday. I am here to tell you that my particular job is decidedly unpleasant when I have time to check my email while waiting for the spell check window to appear. Slow is so much an understatement it's not even an appropriate word.   Let's just say I accomplished not much more than half what I usually do in a workday, and as someone who is paid based on production this means a few less fountain pepsis with extra ice for me this week.

(And this completes the griping-and-complaining portion of our little visit.)



So that's pretty much it for today. We're riding out the biggest storm in evidently a zillion years with our remote control, peanut butter crackers and soda.


and the Internet was slow yesterday.



Here's hoping your whole weekend is just as full of delight.






Happy Friday!






p.s.  All stormy jokes aside, I'm praying for all my east coast friends who are staring down Irene's arrival.  Keep me posted on how y'all are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment